M&A Deal Advisory and Support
M&A transactions (be in local or cross border) are encircled by various laws and regulations. Every transaction must be conducted efficiently without hitting any regulatory roadblock and optimising the associated cost such as tax, stamp duty, etc.
Careful structuring is also equally important for acquisitions under the insolvency/liquidation process under Insolvency Code to ensure a tax-efficient and regulatory-compliant acquisition.
At BDO India, we not only advise clients on their M&A transactions but support them till the transaction culminates, ensuring that the advice is effectively implemented.
The landscape of our service offerings encompasses the following:
In relation to M&A transactions
- Buy-side/Sell-side transaction structuring advice from a tax and regulatory perspective
- Review of transaction documents
- Assistance in discussions on tax indemnities, deferred payment consideration, representations and warranties, issuing tax opinions, etc.
- Tax due diligence services (Acquisition and Vendor)
- Post-deal transaction advisory to simplify investee entity’s structure - realignment of businesses and entities
In relation to Stressed M&A transactions
- Structuring of stressed assets acquisitions/acquisitions under Corporate Resolution Insolvency or Liquidation process
- Assistance for Resolution Plan/Scheme of Arrangement
- Advising Committee of Creditors/Resolution Professional on tax and regulatory aspects of the Resolution Plan
- Health check of regulatory compliances from the perspective of Companies Act, SEBI, Income-tax Act and Foreign Exchange Management Act
- Liquidation implementation