Over the recent years, there has been a significant increase in the number of organisations reporting on sustainability. Two key enablers include:
a. The growing recognition of the linkages between ESG and financial performance. Considering this, investors and other stakeholders are seeking greater transparency on ESG performance and associated material financial impacts.
b. Emerging laws and regulations are mandating disclosures from organisations. External validation of these disclosures increases the confidence of the stakeholders on the data and information presented and provide competitive advantage.
Our multi-disciplinary team provides review and assurance to non-financial disclosures including sustainability reports, integrated reports (ESG-related information), corporate responsibility reports, greenhouse gas emissions, etc. using recognised standards. We transcend beyond verification of data, to evaluate the way organisations manage sustainability and reflect that management and resulting performance in our assurance statements. We focus on improving data management systems as well.
We also conduct a comprehensive ESG due diligence for investments and transactions, both from buy-side and sell-side, focussing on identifying ESG-related risks, liabilities and opportunities.
- Conducting assurance readiness assessments to review reported information and metrics
- Providing external assurance on non-financial quantitative and qualitative information based on ISAE3000 and/or AA1000AS standards
- Assessing an organisation’s material ESG risks and opportunities
- Benchmarking an organisation’s ESG policies, strategy, and performance against industry leading practices
- Assessing compliance with national regulations and international treaties