Indirect Tax Weekly Digest | 10 December 2018
10 December 2018
Read more about Foreign Trade Policies, Indirect Tax Legislative and Judicial updates in The Indirect Tax Weekly Digest by BDO in India.
This edition of the weekly digest highlights:
- AAR, Rajasthan - Discount received by Del Creder Agent from principal supplier and passed on to the customer would not amount to be a ‘supply’;
- AAR, Maharashtra - Serving food to the employees of Company would be treated as ‘canteen service’ under GST;
- Anti-profiteering Authority - Failure to pass the benefit of ITC of erstwhile Counter-veiling duty (CVD), now available in the form of IGST under GST, would amount to profiteering;
- CESTAT Delhi - Full credit of service tax paid is allowed, despite the fact that part amount retained/ withheld on account of performance guarantee;
- CESTAT Hyderabad - Beneficial notification can be opted by an importer when imports are covered by more than one notification.
We hope you find it useful and an interesting read.