The PEriodical - Quarterly Private Equity Newsletter_BDO in India 2018 - Q3CY18
19 December 2018
Presenting 2nd issue of The PEriodical – Our dossier of information, focusing exclusively on the VC PE industry.
The Quarterly Private Equity newsletter reviews mega deals for the period, featuring insights from eminent Indian Venture Capitalists/ Industry Leaders in a tête-à-tête with our Deals experts.
Each issue of the PEriodical highlights one key sector of prime importance to the industry, underscoring the trends, disruptions and growth that the sector entails.
Key highlights of the Q3CY18 issue
- Buoyancy in fund raise, lower investment activity (mega category deals) and lesser PE exits mark the key highlights of PEVC activity in India for the Sept 2018 quarter
- Centre Stage of the quarter: (1) Mega deals and (2) New Valuation Benchmarks
- Information Technology, Financial Services, Consumer Staples and Industrials dominated the market contributing ~84% of total deal value
- The sector in focus for this issue of the PEriodical is Digital Payments, highlighting the deep scale of 750+ million smartphone users by 2022, ~3x increase in GDP per capita, robust digital infrastructure and an increasing number of affluent households, India is digitally transforming. Share of cash/non-cash transactions is expected to reverse (4 out of 5 payments made digitally) and multiple investment opportunities continue to emerge
- Across the table with A R Ramesh - Chief Project Officer for Bharat Bill Payment System covering NPCI and Bharat BillPay :
- RuPay competes with VISA / MasterCard both in terms of value / volume market share
- Bharat BillPay is quickly tracking digitisation of recurring payments with a flat fee value proposition. Multiple growth drivers for Bharat BillPay are in place
- NPCI has a bouquet of multiple flagship products –RuPay, Bharat BillPay, UPI (recently launched UPI 2), NETC –all of which have showcased strong growth in digital payments/ transactions
- PE Treats / Chartbusters section captures a bird’s eye view of some interesting developments/ data points.
We hope you find the PEriodical interesting and exciting, covering everything significant in the space for Q3CY18.