Indirect Tax Weekly Digest | 27 November 2018
27 November 2018
Read more about Foreign Trade Policies, Indirect Tax Legislative and Judicial updates in The Indirect Tax Weekly Digest by BDO in India.
This edition of the weekly digest highlights:
- AAR, West Bengal - Reimbursement of cost is merely the recovery of a portion of the value of supply made to the banks and hence, chargeable to GST
- AAR, Chandigarh - Ancillary services (Transfer fees, Extension fees, Conversion fees etc.) provided in respect of lease of industrial plots are taxable under GST;
- AAR, Maharashtra - Back office support services provided to the overseas companies will not qualify as ‘Zero Rated Supply’ in terms of Section 16 of the IGST Act, 2017;
- AAR, Maharashtra - Testing services provided to overseas group entities will not qualify as ‘Zero rated supply’ under IGST Act, 2017;
- Anti-profiteering authority - Merely because MRP is not changed between Pre and Post-GST, it does not amount to profiteering, unless the facts are analysed.
We hope you find it useful and an interesting read.