Indirect Tax Weekly Digest | 24 September 2018
24 September 2018
Read more about Foreign Trade Policies, Indirect Tax Legislative and Judicial updates in The Indirect Tax Weekly Digest by BDO in India.
This edition of the weekly digest highlights:
- Modification of the E-Way bill procedure for interception of conveyances for inspection of goods in movement, and detention, release and confiscation
- Extension of time limit for submitting the declaration in FORM GST TRAN-1 in terms of rule 117(1A) of CGST Rules, 2017 for certain class of persons
- Gujarat High Court decision on constitutional validity of Section 140(3) (iv) of CGST Act- One year time limit on invoices- Transitional credit
- AAR, West Bengal ruling on Inter-state supply of goods for export cannot be considered as ‘Supply in the course of export’
- AAR, Karnataka ruling on whether a registered person is entitled to pay GST @18% and claim ITC for restaurant services, instead of paying at reduced rate of 5% (without ITC)
- Rulings of Anti-profiteering authority -The excess ITC available under GST era as against the Pre-GST era to be passed on to the customers. Increase or decrease in cost other than tax rate and ITC cannot be considered for profiteering calculations
We hope you find it useful and an interesting read.