Indirect Tax Weekly Digest | 18 September 2018
18 September 2018
Read more about Foreign Trade Policies, Indirect Tax Legislative and Judicial updates in The Indirect Tax Weekly Digest by BDO in India.
This edition of the weekly digest highlights:
- Notification of GST audit report
- GST-TDS and TCS provisions applicable from 1 October,2018
- Measures prescribed by Government of Kerala to prevent tax evasion practices and leakages of revenue under GST
- Analysis of tax Incentives through reimbursement of GST under Industrial Investment Policy of Andhra Pradesh
- Madras High Court decision that assessee is permitted to file revised return manually (if not filed electronically) under TNVAT Act
- CESTAT, Allahabad, decision that explicit mention is not required where the payment is made ‘under protest’, if the conduct of the assessee indicates that the payment was not voluntary
- CESTAT, Madras, decision on SAD refund which cannot be denied to the assessee on unjustified and unreasonable grounds
We hope you find it useful and an interesting read.