Indirect Tax Weekly Digest | 02 April 2019
02 April 2019
Read more about Foreign Trade Policies, Indirect Tax Legislative and Judicial updates in The Indirect Tax Weekly Digest by BDO in India.
This edition of the weekly digest highlights:
- Writ petitions filed before Madras High Court to challenge Section 54(3) of the CGST Act, 2017 and Rule 89(5) of CGST Rules, 2017, as ultra vires to the Constitution of India
- AAR – Odisha - Exemption from GST on the imported goods procured from Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) suppliers, by eligible institutions
- AAR – West Bengal - Repairing and servicing of transformers by another person would not qualify as a ‘Job work’
- AAR – West Bengal - GST would be payable on reverse charge basis for services received and consumed outside India
- AAAR – West Bengal - AAAR confirmed that supplies made to the export warehouse in the course of export will not qualify as an export
We hope you find it useful and an interesting read.